Wednesday, March 15, 2017

HEY FROM THE UK



OMG HI!

If you're reading this, I love you dearly. Yes, all of you. Except Dave. And Tim. But I'm sending everyone else so much Skyhawk love from here in London!! I can't wait to meet you all and hug every last one of you. Being a PM is my absolute favorite role on campus (shhh... don't tell the admissions department) and I'm so glad to share this experience with all of you one last time.


I just realized that some of you might not know me literally at all, so here's my slightly modified tour introduction! I'm Sam, I'm a junior here at Stonehill, originally from Chelmsford, MA. As of TODAY I'm officially an Economics major with a double minor in Data Science and Business Administration (say that three times fast) which is a super big deal because I've spent the last 2 years trying to change my major, but I'm so indecisive! Other than being a PM (hillya) I practically live in Donahue working for admissions, I'm a Center Assistant and Peer Tutor in the CWAA, I'm part of some WILD greek life (honor societies) on campus, and I can most commonly be found in Jefferson, at brunch, or physically attached to Keri.

Now that you know who I am, here's a bit about what I'm up to while you're buried in snow, midterms, and awkward, ice-breaker filled PM trainings. I'm living a slightly different life as a resident, student and intern in a city that's nothing like our beloved Easton. Here in London I'm working 20 hours a week as a Digital Marketing Analytics Intern at Perfect Storm Media. That's not quite as elite as it sounds; I typically get coffee and "fix" the printer when my boss unplugs it, but sometimes I get to perform real analyses and geek out over excel and fun data software. I know, I'm super cool!!


I'm also taking 3 classes here: International Finance (why do exchange rates exists they're literally the price of money I don't get it), Gender & Citizenship in Britain (girl power! *said with British accent*), and Analyzing Global London (yesterday we listened to the Beatles for 2 hours... this counts as my history cornerstone #liberalarts). For the most part my classes consist of field trips around London, intelligent discussions about what we saw, and short papers analyzing pretty much anything remotely related to the class. Despite the small amount of homework compared to Stonehill classes, I'm learning A TON and having a blast, 10/10 would recommend going abroad, I actually feel myself getting smarter in so many ways.


Other than that I absolutely love living in this big, fast paced city; it's so cool to be somewhere so surprisingly different from home. Saying that it will be tough to get me back to the states in a month in a half is a serious understatement, but I cannot wait to meet all of you and be back in a place where people don't look at me funny when I say hill yeah. HAVE A GREAT SEMESTER, see you all so soon!!

xoxo,
Gossip Girl (actually Sam tho)







No comments:

Post a Comment